Sunday, December 31, 2006

libros deciembre

under the overpass by mike yankoski
these two suburban college guys decided they wanted to find out what it's like to be homeless. so they lived on the street for 5 months. then one of them wrote about it.
i've been wanting to read this book for a while just because... well, that's different. but i was surprised by how much it affected me. it absolutely made me rethink the way i look at & act around people.
read it. then come find me so we can talk about it.

i also read a book called england's jane by julianne locke which just goes along with the total jane austen kick that my sister & i have been on lately. in the last few weeks we've watched sense & sensibility, an old version of emma, & the new pride & predjudice (which i had waited til now to see -- & loved way more than i thought i would.) now i'm thinking about re-reading pride & predjudice, & i'm trying to get my hands on an austen biography by gill hornby, nick hornby's sister. apparently it's not on amazon, so if you find it let me know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter