Saturday, March 03, 2007

a long way gone.

New York City, 1998

My high school friends have begun to suspect I haven’t told them the full story of my life.

“Why did you leave Sierra Leone?”

“Because there is a war.”

“Did you witness some of the fighting?”

“Everyone in the country did.”

“You mean you saw people running around with guns and shooting each other?”

“Yes, all the time.”

Cool.

I smile a little.

“You should tell us about it sometime.”

“Yes, sometime.”

read this. it's phenomenal.
(especially if you've seen the invisible children film & want to know more)
available at a starbucks near you.

(by ishmael beah)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh i want to borrow this when i come home. did you read the syllabus for my de rosset class?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Higor said...

fanaticosfanaticamenteportelevisao.blogspot.com
DIVULGA PARA MIM

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter