Tuesday, April 04, 2006

you've been gilmored

true confession: when i like something, i tend to really like it. some might say i get obsessed. this dates back to when i was about 3 years old & first became a crazy fan of fozzie & all the muppets. (my sister, who is younger & thus missed the thrill of the muppet days, still rolls her eyes whenever i mention anything about them.) then, growing up, i had a long lasting obsession with avonlea... i wanted to be anne of green gables, or maybe diana, or, ok, actually, make that felicity. to this day i can qoute not only all the movies, but entire episodes of 'road to avonlea.' other phases have included everything from pippi longstocking to lois & clark (come on. seriously. that show is a classic.) so all this to say... a few years ago i moved back home after a year away & discovered that my sister & my mom had both become die-hard fans of the gilmore girls. i hated the gilmore girls. mainly because they talked really fast & their hair was always perfect. so, for an entire year, i made fun of my sister & groaned everytime she & my mom sat down to watch it. then one day, jenny looked up & realized that i had been standing in the corner of the room the whole time the show had been on. because i 'wasn't watching it,' so i hadn't sat down, but i'd actually stood there the entire hour. so yeah, don't knock it til you try it. now you can know where i am on any given tuesday at 8'oclock, pretty much... and for those that claim it's a chick flick show... last summer i was living with some friends of mine. we three girls of the house would tivo the gilmore girls re-runs & watch them every morning (those were good times.) of course the 2 guys of the house always made fun of us. but i noticed that one of them (who will remain un-named) started coming in the room whenever we were watching it. he'd fain busyness -- working on his computer or something -- but still, he'd always be there. then one day, we're sitting there watching & he said 'wait a minute, i thought that guy was dating lane?' so you see... not only for girls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I love the Gilmore Girls! And I've sucked my sister into watching it too. So enjoyable! I am so glad the impact of Anne and Avonlea has touched more than us Canadians. Just last weekend I watched Anne of Green Gables and the sequel. I love Gilbert Blythe!I just can't get enough!

...am I obsessed too?

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter